animations halt when the browser is out of focus due to requestAnimationFrame
|Reported by:||super@…||Owned by:||timmywil|
I found a little nasty bug (:)) when using the fadeIn() and fadeOut() functions with setTimeout() (probably also a problem with setInterval()) and version 1.6.1 (and 1.6) in Chrome.
The problem is that all animations using fadeIn() and fadeOut() seem to be blocked when the browser window is minimized. When it is reopened the animations fires rapidly until all have been executed, and it resumes to work normally.
I have created an example on jsfiddle. http://jsfiddle.net/9RNzC/
Just open it, minimize the browser window, wait for 10 seconds (etc - it changes every 3 second), and reopen it again, and it will fire the animation effects rapidly, like they have been blocked while minimized.
It works fine with version 1.5.2 so something have probably changed between 1.5.2 and 1.6 in the animate function.
Hope it helps.
Change History (35)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by rwaldron
- Component changed from unfiled to effects
- Owner set to gnarf
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by timmywil
- Keywords needsdocs added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by timmywil
- Keywords needsdocs removed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from open to closed
comment:13 Changed 5 years ago by timmywil
- Keywords needsreview added
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 5 years ago by gnarf
comment:18 Changed 5 years ago by timmywil
- Summary changed from setTimeout and fadeIn/fadeOut blocking in Chrome to animations halt when the browser is out of focus due to requestAnimationFrame
comment:30 Changed 4 years ago by timmywil
- Owner set to timmywil
- Status changed from open to assigned
comment:32 Changed 4 years ago by timmywil
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed