.live('click', handler) fires on disabled buttons with child elements in Chrome
|Reported by:||ms7821||Owned by:||dmethvin|
It's possible to receive events for a disabled <button> element as well as <input type="button">:
IE fires click for all of them, passing the button as the target and currentTarget. This was fixed in jQuery 1.5 in http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/6911.
Chrome fires only for the <button> with a child element, passing that as the target. However, currentTarget is set to the button, so changing target.disabled to currentTarget.disabled should extend the fix to include Chrome.
See also the first comment on http://forum.jquery.com/topic/live-inconsistency-with-disabled-buttons.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by danheberden
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by danheberden
- Cc danheberden added
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.1
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by dmethvin
- Milestone 1.5.1 deleted
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by dmethvin
- Milestone set to 1.7.2
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from reopened to assigned