Ticket #9381 (closed bug: fixed)
animations halt when the browser is out of focus due to requestAnimationFrame
|Reported by:||super@…||Owned by:||timmywil|
I found a little nasty bug (:)) when using the fadeIn() and fadeOut() functions with setTimeout() (probably also a problem with setInterval()) and version 1.6.1 (and 1.6) in Chrome.
The problem is that all animations using fadeIn() and fadeOut() seem to be blocked when the browser window is minimized. When it is reopened the animations fires rapidly until all have been executed, and it resumes to work normally.
I have created an example on jsfiddle. http://jsfiddle.net/9RNzC/
Just open it, minimize the browser window, wait for 10 seconds (etc - it changes every 3 second), and reopen it again, and it will fire the animation effects rapidly, like they have been blocked while minimized.
It works fine with version 1.5.2 so something have probably changed between 1.5.2 and 1.6 in the animate function.
Hope it helps.
- Owner set to gnarf
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unfiled to effects
- Keywords needsdocs added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Keywords needsdocs removed
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by timmywil
- Keywords needsreview added
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 10 Changed 3 years ago by gnarf
comment:18 Changed 2 years ago by timmywil
- Summary changed from setTimeout and fadeIn/fadeOut blocking in Chrome to animations halt when the browser is out of focus due to requestAnimationFrame
comment:30 Changed 2 years ago by timmywil
- Owner set to timmywil
- Status changed from open to assigned
comment:32 Changed 2 years ago by timmywil
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed