Ticket #4386 (closed bug: fixed)
iframe body clone event IE
|Reported by:||bgrinstead||Owned by:||jitter|
|Keywords:||explorer body clone||Cc:|
I found some strange behavior in the clone event on the body element of an iframe. It only saves the first child node in the clone. If you clone an inner element, it works as expected (copies all of it's child nodes). I have been able to work around this behavior by changing the clone event back to how it was in 1.2.6 (with the owner document fix like in http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/2997).
Here is a test case that demonstrates the bug (works in firefox, broken in IE): http://jquery.nodnod.net/cases/257.
It certainly has to do with line 320 in jquery-1.3.2.js, but I haven't been able to fix it myself: return jQuery.clean([html.replace(/ jQuery\d+="(?:\d+|null)"/g, "").replace(/\s*/, "")]);
- Keywords body added; iframe removed
- Priority changed from major to high
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.4.4
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone changed from 1.4 to 1.5
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Milestone changed from 1.5 to 1.4.5