Ticket #11153 (closed bug: fixed)
jQuery 1.7 Strips Carriage Returns in IE 8
|Reported by:||drlongghost@…||Owned by:|
In versions of jQuery prior to 1.7, new nodes which are inserted preserve all carriage returns in IE 8. This is now broken in 1.7.
Test Case page: http://jsfiddle.net/27DGw/3/
In the above test case, in all browsers except IE 8, the value which is alerted is "One\nTwo". In IE 8, the alerted value is "OneTwo".
Note that when you change the jquery library to a version < 1.7, IE 8 returns the expected, correct value.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to misc
- Component changed from misc to attributes
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8