Ticket #10687 (closed bug: fixed)
jQuery calls the AMD define() global function too early
|Reported by:||john@…||Owned by:||timmywil|
Sorry I didn't discover this until after release. :(
jQuery shouldn't call the global AMD define() function until jQuery is fully defined. By "fully defined" I mean jQuery and all of its core helpers such as jQuery.Deferred, jQuery.Callbacks, etc.
Since jQuery doesn't expose these to AMD as individual modules, other AMD modules have to assume that they are defined when the jQuery object itself is defined.
See jsFiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/unscriptable/GqfFM/
The easiest solution, imho, is to place the call to define() at the very end of the file.
-- John "@unscriptable" Hann
- Priority changed from undecided to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to core
- Milestone changed from None to 1.7.1
- Owner set to timmywil
- Status changed from open to assigned