Bug Tracker

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#8607 closed bug (duplicate)

Appending link element to head does not work in IE

Reported by: netrunner Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.next
Component: unfiled Version: 1.5.1
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

I can easily reproduce Ticket #7522 (which was closed as worksforme) in IE with the scenario provided on Ticket #5819 (closed as duplicate of the previous ticket) and replacing the jQuery included on the scenario with the new version 1.5.1.

The IE version is 8.0.6001.19019. On a Windows Vista Business machine, SP2, 32-bit.

Works with latest Firefox (4.0) and latest Chrome (10.0.648.151).

I have tested with some previous versions of jQuery:

  • Works in jQuery 1.2, 1.3.2, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4
  • Doesn't work in jQuery 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.5, 1.5.1

Ticket #7522 mentions trying 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 both without success. Oddly enough, those two versions worked for me.

I have seen also forum threads mentioning the issue (like here), and think it needs to be addressed.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by netrunner

I did not find any opened issues on my search before reporting, but 3 days ago was opened the same issue on Ticket #8574. This one should be marked as duplicate. Possible workaround here

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

  • Resolution set to duplicate
  • Status changed from new to closed

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin

Duplicate of #8574.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.