Bug Tracker

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#8115 closed enhancement (fixed)

jXHR to be changed to jqXHR in both docs and code

Reported by: jaubourg Owned by: jaubourg
Priority: low Milestone: 1.5.1
Component: ajax Version: 1.5
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:


We completely forgot about the existence of http://mulletxhr.com/ and it seems like a reasonable change to avoid confusion.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by jaubourg

  • Component changed from unfiled to ajax
  • Owner set to jaubourg
  • Priority changed from undecided to low
  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Type changed from bug to feature

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by jaubourg

  • Type changed from feature to enhancement

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by jitter

  • Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.1

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by jitter

I don't know if the naming conflict is really this bad. It's not like we did it on purpose.

We should evaluate how big the damage might for jQuery by renaming our jXHR. Basically every blog post about 1.5b1-1.5 contains jXHR referring to the new returned XHR wrapper of $.ajax(). Renaming it now to something else might create some confusion.

It maybe not too late to change it, as long as not a jQuery related page is #1 result on google for jXHR.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by jaubourg

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Fixes #8115. Renames all references to jXHR with jqXHR in the code (like was done in the doc).

Changeset: cb49b4a1b648dea8ce5b1e5dbb2ab5432a84cb63

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.