Bug Tracker

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#7939 closed bug (invalid)

Selectors by class names fail in IE 7 in some particular case.

Reported by: janssensgaetan@… Owned by: janssensgaetan@…
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.next
Component: unfiled Version: 1.4.4
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Simple selectors based on class names (like $('.myClass')) fail in IE 7 sometimes.

I've got a simple script for switching content who work like this:

$('.myClass2').show();
$('.myClass1').hide();

I figured out that it crached IE 7 only in a particular case, when there are two elements of the same class include in one-another. Like this.

<div class="myClass1">
     <h2 class="myClass1">SubTitle One</h2>
     (...)
</div>
<div class="myClass2">
     (...)
</div>

I haven't test it more (I've no Windows machine). Does it fail using more particular selector such as $('div.myClass1')? Does it fail in IE6?

I didn't find any other ticket dealing with this...

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by ajpiano

  • Owner set to janssensgaetan@…
  • Status changed from new to pending

In accordance with the bug reporting guidelines, please create a jsFiddle test case that we can use to replicate the issue.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by trac-o-bot

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from pending to closed

Because we get so many tickets, we often need to return them to the initial reporter for more information. If that person does not reply within 14 days, the ticket will automatically be closed, and that has happened in this case. If you still are interested in pursuing this issue, feel free to add a comment with the requested information and we will be happy to reopen the ticket if it is still valid. Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.