$.fn.show fails to show element if element hidden with style rule
|Reported by:||mechismo||Owned by:||john|
If an element is hidden using a style rule and you call show:
Fails in 1.4.3 - versions < 1.4.3 behave as expected, the element is shown.
Steps to recreate:
Bug: Select jQuery version 1.4.3, run and click "Show" button. The element is not shown.
Expected behaviour: Select jQuery version < 1.4.3, run and click "Show" button. The element is shown as expected.
I understand setting the style to display:block prior to calling show is counter productive but the behaviour is so different to previous versions it's worthy of a bug
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by rwaldron
- Component changed from unfiled to css
- Priority changed from undecided to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by snover
- Milestone changed from 1.5 to 1.4.4
- Owner set to john
- Status changed from open to assigned
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by Karl Swedberg
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed