slideToggle not working with height: auto and all floating elements
|Reported by:||capsule||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||slideToggle slideUp float height needsreview||Cc:|
If you apply a slideToggle() effect on an element which height is defined as "auto" in your CSS file and all contained elements are floating (in my case, one element floating left and another floating right), the slideDown works but not the slideUp (it disappear and then slideDown again). I guess this is because the container on which I try to apply the effect has no height due to the floating only elements.
If I define a fixed height on the container, the toggle effect works.
Btw, this is affecting the "slideUp" effect as well (not working, for the same reason I guess).
Maybe jQuery should calculate the height of the container based on its children's height?
Change History (7)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin
- Summary changed from slideToogle not working with height: auto and all floating elements to slideToggle not working with height: auto and all floating elements
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by snover
- Keywords needsreview added
- Milestone 1.4 deleted
- Priority changed from major to low
- Version changed from 1.3.2 to 1.4.4
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by timmywil
- Milestone set to 1.next
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed