Bug Tracker

Opened 11 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#3993 closed bug (worksforme)

Framesets in Opera not working with jQuery 1.3

Reported by: liwagr Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 1.4
Component: selector Version: 1.3.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Framesets do not work in Opera when jquery is included in the parent page. Here is a simple test case:

index.html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-W3CDTD XHTML 1.0 TransitionalEN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>Testing jQuery 1.3</title> <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script> </head> <frameset>

<frame src="frame.html"></frame>

</frameset> </html>

frame.html:

<html> <body> Hello, I'm in a frame. </body> </html>

This works fine in all browsers except in Opera where all you will get is a blank page (does not even display the contents of frame.html). Removing the <script> tag will make it work. Initial debugging leads me to believe the culprit is within the Sizzler part of jquery-1.3.1.js.

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by StefanB

still not working in 1.3.2

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by StefanB

This Bug seems to be sizzle-related. I've postet the report into the sizzle-google-group. http://groups.google.com/group/sizzlejs/browse_thread/thread/96a04ebab88000b

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by john

Component: unfilledselector
Milestone: 1.3.11.3.3
Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed
Version: 1.3.11.3.2

Accidentally landed a fix for this in SVN rev [6275] - but it's all good now.

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by liwagr

Hi John,

I checked out latest SVN (6306 as of this comment) but the example test case I gave above still doesn't work. I made sure the patch described in the sizzle-google-group link was present.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by ipa1981

Resolution: fixed
Status: closedreopened

I can confirm that last nightly build (6300 at the moment) still doesn't fix the problem with Opera 10

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by StefanB

Around line 3038 (build 6300) or line 11 in src/support.js (current svn version (r6351)) this line:

div.innerHTML = ' <link/><table></table><a href="/a" style="color:red;float:left;opacity:.5;">a</a><select><option>text</option></select>';

can be replaced with:

div.innerHTML = ' <link/><a href="/a" style="color:red;float:left;opacity:.5;">a</a>';

then everything works fine BUT the jQuery.support.tbody test will be true everytime (because the <table></table> is removed).

Any ideas for another workaround?

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by JohnnyCee

Any hope of a fix for this issue? I'm holding a release but if one is not forthcoming, I'll have to revert the release version to 1.2.6.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by sebu

I confirm this, not working in nightly build of jQuery 1.4.2pre (I can also confirm this error being present in jQuery 1.3.2).

Tested with current Opera 10.10 (Build 6790) on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and Opera 10.10 (unknown build) on Gnu/Linux.

Other reports for this error:

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by miketaylr

#4217 is a duplicate of this ticket.

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by snover

Resolution: worksforme
Status: reopenedclosed

sebu’s test case works fine for me in the latest version of Opera.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.