Better undefined gzip compression
|Reported by:||m_gol||Owned by:||m_gol|
Description (last modified by m_gol)
We can compress better if we tell uglifyjs to not mangle undefined, as suggested by dcherman.
----- ORIGINAL TEXT -----
According to ES5.1, undefined is immutable. All supported in 2.0 browsers besides Android <4.1 (including iOS 5.1 and VERY old Safari) adhere to that.
Removing undefined from the main IIFE parameters saves 62 bytes in the gzipped minified file.
I'm putting it here for a discussion. If we decided to go for that, we also have to decide what to do about 1.x
Change History (14)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by timmywil
- Component changed from unfiled to build
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by m_gol
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Remove undefined from the main IIFE parameters to Better undefined gzip compression
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by Michał Gołębiowski
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed