In IE 9/10 $.parseXML() returning document object instead of XMLDOMDocument
|Reported by:||yogistra@…||Owned by:||jaubourg|
Ironically this is because IE 9 and 10 are more standards compliant.
The situation occurs when performing XML manipulations(specifically copying nodes between objects).
Copying nodes between an XML document returned via an Ajax call and an XML document returned from .parseXML results in a type mismatch error in IE 9/10.
It works correctly in IE8.
Please find below the test condition showing nodes successfully copied in all browsers (including IE 8) but failing in 9 and 10.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by rwaldron
- Milestone changed from None to 1.9.1
- Owner set to rwaldron
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by jaubourg
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Owner changed from rwaldron to jaubourg
- Priority changed from undecided to high
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by jaubourg
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed