nested has selectors broken in IE7 & IE8 in versions 1.8.2+
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||gibson042|
I have a rather complex DOM structure and I am doing some rather involved queries to get to data stored in this structure. (Questionable, I know) I recently took the initiative and updated our reference to jQuery to use the latest version and suddenly things started breaking. Specifically, queries that were looking for attributes inside of a :has. Below is a sample query that works flawlessly (albeit slowly) in 1.8.1 but fails in 1.8.2+.
This fails in IE7 but works for IE8 $('.SomeClass:has(div:has(div[SomeAttr=SomeValue]))');
The following works in IE8 but not in IE7 $('.SomeClass:has(div:has(div [SomeAttr=SomeValue]))');
Note the additional space after the last div.
In addition, I cannot get the following slightly more complex query to work at all in IE7 or IE8 using 1.8.2+.
I have not had the time to step through the developer versions of the code to see if I can find the culprit, but I did step back through versions of jQuery and found that the problems went away when I stepped back into 1.8.1. (We had been on 1.7.x before I jumped up to 1.8.3)
I'll try to monitor this ticket and respond to any questions the jQuery team may have.
Change History (12)
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by gibson042
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Milestone changed from None to 1.next
- Owner changed from anonymous to gibson042
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from complex has attribute selectors broken in IE7 & IE8 in versions 1.8.2+ to nested has selectors broken in IE7 & IE8 in versions 1.8.2+
- Version changed from git to 1.8.2
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by Richard Gibson
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed