appending elements to an object element fails in IE < 9
|Reported by:||TimJRobinson||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||ie6 ie7 ie8||Cc:|
I'm getting a strange but in IE 6, 7 & 8 where if you append an element to an <object> tag it will give the error:
SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.
I've reproduced this bug in jsfiddle here: http://jsfiddle.net/gR2E9/
If I append text it appears to work fine, it only breaks if I append an element.
It's breaking on line 5653 of jQuery 1.7.1 for me saying elem is an invalid argument.
I'm running on Windows 7 using IE9 in compatability mode. Though I have also reproduced this bug in IE 8 and IE 7 on windows XP.
Change History (6)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from unfiled to core
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from core to manipulation
- Milestone changed from None to 1.9