jQuery 1.7 Strips Carriage Returns in IE 8
|Reported by:||drlongghost@…||Owned by:|
In versions of jQuery prior to 1.7, new nodes which are inserted preserve all carriage returns in IE 8. This is now broken in 1.7.
Test Case page: http://jsfiddle.net/27DGw/3/
In the above test case, in all browsers except IE 8, the value which is alerted is "One\nTwo". In IE 8, the alerted value is "OneTwo".
Note that when you change the jquery library to a version < 1.7, IE 8 returns the expected, correct value.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by sindresorhus
- Component changed from unfiled to misc
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from misc to attributes
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by timmywil
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed