Ticket #8219 (closed bug: fixed)
Reversion: overrideMimeType() no longer callable
|Reported by:||curiousdannii||Owned by:||jaubourg|
Before 1.4 we could call overrideMimeType() in beforeSend(). It had many uses, mine being for changing the charset for binary access.
In 1.5 beforeSend is only passed a jqXHR object so this is no longer possible.
Neither does the XHR transport provide any hooks where I could call overrideMimeType().
A work around would be to duplicate the whole transport. I'd rather not do that if it could be avoided.
- Owner set to curiousdannii
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to pending
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Status changed from pending to new
- Keywords regression added
- Owner changed from curiousdannii to jaubourg
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.5.1
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Keywords regression, needsdocs added; regression removed