Ticket #8013 (closed bug: fixed)
Improve performance of inserting text into an HTML element
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||rwaldron|
In Firefox, I am inserting text into ~500 DIVs using this code:
$(".divs").text("default"); ~500 DIVs
On my computer, this consistently takes 9ms if the DIVs are empty. However, this same code consistently takes 18ms if the DIVs already contain text.
Can we improve the performance of replacing text in a DIV that already contains text?
- Priority changed from undecided to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by jitter
- Owner set to rwaldron
- Status changed from reopened to assigned