Ticket #7071 (closed bug: fixed)
Accessing the 'type' property on VML elements fails on IE
|Reported by:||john.firebaugh||Owned by:|
Accessing certain properties on VML elements produces an error "Failed" with no other diagnostic information. After this error, the state of the browser is permanently affected until browser restart; many common properties produce the same "Failed" error.
The code for normalizing submit event bubbling triggers this condition if the form contains VML elements.
- Test case: http://gist.github.com/582889
- Upstream bug report: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/581183/
- Pull request: http://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/13
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to event
comment:19 Changed 4 years ago by John Firebaugh
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed