Ticket #6941 (closed bug: duplicate)
.html moves script tags when it doesn't remove them
|Reported by:||lathan||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||html script concat||Cc:|
If you set the html of an element with a script type="text/template", jQuery does not remove it, but it moves it up to the root node that's being added.
This is caused by the .concat(....) on line 4498 of jQuery 1.4.2, (non mimified) in the function clean.
I have been unable to find the reason that all script tags are moved to the root of the DOMfragment.
Solution: remove the .concat(...) from line 4498 in the clean function.
If anyone can tell me a reason for this statement to be there, I will gladly be quiet, but I have been unable to find a reason, including on the jQuery IRC channel.
- Keywords needsreview removed
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone changed from 1.4.3 to 1.5
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate