Ticket #3105 (closed bug: wontfix)
<script> elments executed twice, once when document is "ready", and again when domManip gets called Options
|Reported by:||conor.moran||Owned by:||john|
|Keywords:||document ready script execution needsreview||Cc:||scott.gonzalez@…|
Description (last modified by jitter) (diff)
It uses jqModal plugin, which calls domManip in this case. domManip seems to have code in it to execute each <script> element, which seems to cause the click event handler to get bound a second time. (It was already bound after the page loaded initially)
This means my form gets submitted twice when I click the button.
It seems that the double binding of the click event is a bug.
I came across this issue elsewhere where another function called domManip so it is nothing to do with the jqModal plugin.
I'm using JQuery 1.2.6 in IE7.
I'd emailed a query on this and John Resig responded:
I have an idea as to how this can be fixed (inline script tags would need to be marked, or removed, from the page as they're encountered). We do this to a lesser degree right now - but obviously we would need to step this up.
Could you file a ticket on this matter, in the bug tracker? Thank you. http://dev.jquery.com/
- Cc scott.gonzalez@… added
- Milestone changed from 1.3 to 1.4.3
- Keywords document ready script execution added
- Priority changed from major to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Milestone changed from 1.4.3 to 1.5
comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by jitter
- Keywords needsreview added
- Priority changed from low to high
- Version changed from 1.2.6 to 1.4.4
- Component changed from core to manipulation
- Description modified (diff)