Ticket #14544 (closed feature: fixed)
Remove elem reference from event handler
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:||dmethvin|
The reference to the element being handled at https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/7f0b28e3083ab8e755801823166e1b008d128242/src/event.js#L80 was there to prevent oldIE leaks so it can be removed in master.
This change will also be useful if we attach data directly to elements, because we may be able to get away with only calling teardown for special events rather than all events on discarded elements.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Milestone changed from None to 2.1
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Type changed from bug to feature