Ticket #13721 (closed bug: fixed)
remove(":nth-child(1)") works differently than filter(":nth-child(1)").remove()
|Reported by:||nicofrand@…||Owned by:||dmethvin|
First, a jsFiddle example : http://jsfiddle.net/Jjym7/7/. In this jsFiddle, only the first child of each list should be removed.
According to the remove documentation, the remove method should do the same thing than applying first the filter method and then the remove method.
I think this is due to the fact that the remove function applies jQuery.filter in a loop for each element in the object so that each element becomes the first (:nth-child(1)) when the filter is called.
Line 5986 from http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.js.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to manipulation
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed