Ticket #13283 (closed bug: notabug)
Remove .andSelf() alias
|Reported by:||Nao||Owned by:|
.andSelf() was turned into .addBack() in jQuery 1.8, and .andSelf was deprecated but still present in the source code as an alias.
Why not move this to the Migrate plugin and let people do the change manually? It's not exactly as hard to rewrite as for instance $.browser... It's just a name change... Doesn't make sense to waste extra bytes in jQuery 2.0 (and even 1.9) when it's all about making it slimmer.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Shouldn't .andSelf() be removed? to Remove .andSelf() alias
- Component changed from unfiled to traversing
- Milestone changed from None to 1.next