Ticket #13276 (closed bug: fixed)
In IE 9/10 $.parseXML() returning document object instead of XMLDOMDocument
|Reported by:||yogistra@…||Owned by:||jaubourg|
Ironically this is because IE 9 and 10 are more standards compliant.
The situation occurs when performing XML manipulations(specifically copying nodes between objects).
Copying nodes between an XML document returned via an Ajax call and an XML document returned from .parseXML results in a type mismatch error in IE 9/10.
It works correctly in IE8.
Please find below the test condition showing nodes successfully copied in all browsers (including IE 8) but failing in 9 and 10.
- Owner set to rwaldron
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from None to 1.9.1
- Owner changed from rwaldron to jaubourg
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed