Ticket #12492 (closed bug: fixed)
In textarea focus event handler, $(this).is(':focus') == false in Chrome & Safari
|Reported by:||paulcalcraft@…||Owned by:||mikesherov|
jsFiddle here: http://jsfiddle.net/hJwKC/4/
All browsers report 'true,true', except Chrome and Safari which both report 'false,true'. The same is the case for <input> tags.
I'm not sure what the expected behaviour is - whether an element should only report as focused after the focus handler has completed, but the cross browser inconsistency led me to believe it could be a bug. I realise it could also be a webkit bug (or feature).
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8.2
- Owner set to mikesherov
- Status changed from reopened to assigned