Ticket #12134 (closed feature: fixed)
implement HTML5 compilant form data construction into $.fn.serialzeArray
|Reported by:||info@…||Owned by:||dmethvin|
The way the data of a form is constructed differs a little bit from the way it is defined in the HTML5 spec. Currently the form data is build using a white list of input[types], while the spec uses a black list. ( http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-20110525/association-of-controls-and-forms.html#constructing-form-data-set).
I have created a gist, which suggests 3 code changes:
- instead of using this.elements use jQuery.prop( this, "elements" ) to allow polyfills to use a propHook for "elements" and/or implement input[form] and fieldset.elements in a way, that is compilant to serializeArray
- Use the whitelist approach by the HTML spec
- Use jQuery.is( this, ":disabled" ) instead of this.disabled, because fieldset[disabled] input, won't affect the disabled property, but makes the input truly disabled.
- Keywords 1.9-discuss added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to core
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Milestone changed from None to 1.9