Ticket #11814 (closed bug: fixed)
Sizzle's element-rooted QSA strategy (i.e. attaching a temporary id) does not account for comma and other other selector divisions
|Reported by:||timmywil||Owned by:||timmywil|
This has been a known issue for a while, but I don't see a ticket specifically for this. We recently received this pull: https://github.com/jquery/sizzle/pull/104. Unfortunately, the issue is more complicated than just accounting for commas for a couple reasons.
- There are several other ways a selector can have multiple divisions. Comma is the most common, but several pseudo selectors and perhaps others can also have this effect.
- escaped commas are valid in selectors.
I'm going to take a crack at this as well for 1.8.
- Owner set to timmywil
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unfiled to selector
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8