Ticket #11015 (closed enhancement: worksforme)
Integrate with Closure Compiler
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:||dmethvin|
Description (last modified by dmethvin) (diff)
There are several steps to this, we can break them out later:
1) Work with the Closure Compiler team to ensure that CC can parse jQuery correctly and work with the ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS option.
2) Update jQuery's style guide, code, and unit tests to ensure we'll be able to use CC going forward.
3) Create a style guide for plugin writers and jQuery developers to ensure their own code is CC-worthy. Perhaps we can add some indication of CC-worthiness at the plugins site?
4) Document critical dependencies that will hamper minimization, such as using ambiguous methods like .load() or .show() (see #10997).
5) Provide a tool to users that allows them to combine jQuery with their own plugins and code for best minimization.
It's unlikely this will all get done in 1.8 but we need to figure out where it goes on the roadmap.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Component changed from unfiled to misc
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8
- Keywords 1.8-discuss added
- Type changed from bug to enhancement
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme