Ticket #10997 (closed bug: wontfix)
Remove/deprecate/document sneak-dependency methods
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by rwaldron) (diff)
Some methods are ambiguous, creating "sneak" dependencies that are going to confuse Closure Compiler and also thwart manual attempts to reduce size.
- jQuery.fn.load() - Either needs event.js or ajax.js; only the arguments tell for sure. Can we deprecate/remove one or both to make it unambiguous? At minimum need to document effect of its use.
- jQuery.fn.show(), jQuery.fn.hide() - Needs effects.js only if a speed is provided. Can we deprecate the animation-related ones? Again, we at least need to document it.
As a starting point I suggest we deprecate the event behavior of .load() and the animate behavior of .show()/.hide(), removing them in 2.0. Perhaps we could put in a jQuery.error() if .load() detects it's being called all event-like.
Are there other examples?
- Keywords 1.8-discuss added
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
- Component changed from unfiled to misc
- Milestone changed from None to 1.8