Ticket #10443 (closed feature: plugin)
serialize HTML5 form-associated elements
|Reported by:||mindplay||Owned by:||mindplay|
HTML5 adds support for form-associated elements:
This seems to be unsupported by the serialize() function. Here's a quick extension to serialize(), adding basic (but not complete) support for the form-attribute on input/select/textarea elements:
Form-associated elements seem to be supported by current versions of FF and Chrome, but not by IE9 - that does not preclude full support by serialize() however, even in older browsers.
Since this is officially part of HTML5, I think it would make sense to consider adding support for this new concept in jQuery.
- Status changed from pending to closed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Component changed from unfiled to core
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
comment:10 Changed 13 months ago by dmethvin
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to plugin