Ticket #10202 (closed bug: invalid)
`data` attribute disappears from settings for ajax GET requests
|Reported by:||steve@…||Owned by:|
This is specifically for v1.6.3, everything worked prior to that, from at least 1.4 onward.
If you create an ajax request with jQuery.ajax(type: 'GET', data: someData), and then bind handler to the beforeSubmit event, the data attribute disappears from the settings object. This only happens for GET requests in 1.6.3. The data attribute does not disappear for POST requests, or for any request types in 1.6.2 and earlier.
I don't know if this was intensional or not (since GET requests also happen to serialize the data attribute into the URL), but I didn't see it in the changelog, and it messed up the jquery-ujs in Rails.
If you change the JS in the above example to be a non-GET type it works, or alternatively if you change it to jquery 1.6.2, it works.
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
- Component changed from unfiled to ajax
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution worksforme deleted
comment:10 follow-up: ↓ 11 Changed 20 months ago by timmywil
- Status changed from reopened to open
- Milestone changed from None to 1.next
comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 14 Changed 20 months ago by niyazpk
comment:17 Changed 20 months ago by jaubourg
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to invalid