Bug Tracker

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#9969 closed bug (invalid)

parse error with jQuery 1.5.1 and 1.6.2 on Safari on iPad and iPhone 4.3.5 on 3G connection

Reported by: [email protected] Owned by:
Priority: low Milestone: None
Component: core Version: 1.6.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description (last modified by Rick Waldron)

I have an akward problem.

Where the jQuery part of my WordPress Theme 'Invictus' runs flawless on all browsers and even on Safari iPad1/iPhone4 iOS4.3.5 with Wifi connection, I get a parse error when connected thru my T-Mobile 3G connection on the same website with the same code.

Can anyone help me out here?

Regards, Martin de Bes

This is the website it is all about;

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by timmywil

Component: unfiledcore
Priority: undecidedlow
Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

That's a tough one to test and one the team will probably not be able to investigate. jQuery loads without a parse error on iPad and iPhone over 3g for me so if you can narrow down the problem further and provide a more reduced test case, please open a new ticket with the specific issue.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous

I too have had a similar problem, with 1.5 and 1.6 giving a parse error on line 1 on iPhone safari only.

Using the uncompressed version resolved the issue.

I hope that perhaps sheds some light on the subject.

I would rather use compressed of course, but not at the expense on my iPhone users.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by [email protected]

That was indeed the solution.

I changed the minimized in the uncompressed version, and now it is running fine.

Shouldn't this be investigated so that the minimized version will work as well?

Thank you Anonymous user!

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous

same problem (iPhone + German T-Mobile), same solution (uncompressed version) here!

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by Rick Waldron

I'm currently using jQuery 1.6.2 (compressed) in a client project (mobile web app) with no issues on iOS Mobile Safari

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by stephenwil

I am experiencing this issue also on an intermittent basis.

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by Pim

I have done some research and it looks like our ISP is fiddling with the javascript files (I haven't found anything on Google about this, though). When I open up any javascript file over Wifi, that file will show up as it is. But over 3G it will show up semi-minified. Unfortunately the "*/*" string literal messes the semi-minification up, hence the parsing error.

tl;dr - T-Mobile is most likely the cause of the problem.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by Rick Waldron

Description: modified (diff)

this was fixed in #10098

comment:9 Changed 10 years ago by thingygeoff

You can get round this by using the google hosted jquery:

http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.1.min.js

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.