Infinite loop in trigger function when window.parentNode is a DOM element
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||dmethvin|
The code at fault is:
cur = cur.parentNode || cur.ownerDocument || cur === event.target.ownerDocument && window;
The cur variable walks the DOM tree, then becomes the Document object en then the window object. When window has a parentNode variable, an infinite loop starts.
Forgetting to declare a temporary parentNode variable so it ends up in the window object is a client programmer error, but jQuery should not choke on it.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by dmethvin
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.7
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Status changed from open to assigned