1. The version(s) of jQuery affected
tested: 1.0, 1.3, 1.6.1
(all minified, 1.0 packed)
2. The browser (or browsers) that you are able to reproduce the bug in, including version numbers
3. The operating system (or operating systems) you experienced the bug on.
4. Step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue, including any required system configuration changes
var $ = jQuery; // for jQuery 1.0
5. A description of what you expect to happen, and what actually happens
For visualisation I added a border to paragraph tags in the CSS. Because they are empty tags this renders as a line (when successful). I would expect 6 such lines; each statement renders two.
I get four lines, so the last statement fails. Firefox (Firebug) says: NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_JS. Chrome says: NOT_FOUND_ERR DOM Exception 8.
6. A link to a reduced, working demo/test case that will never move (jsFiddle is good for this)
7. Information on other jQuery versions tested, including whether or not the issue is reproducible there
Reproducible on all versions tested: 1.0, 1.3, 1.6 (jsFiddle), 1.6.1
Versions (except jsFiddle) were minified/packed versions.
8. Information on other browsers where the issue does not occur
Only tested Firefox and Chrome. Suspect IE and Opera will not make a difference.
9. References to the URL of a web server mentioned in your ticket (if any) in the case of a bug involving Ajax or server-side requests which are needed to fully evaluate the issue experienced.
10. A patch (preferably as a link to a GitHub commit or pull request)
sorry, not my expertise
11. A link to any relevant discussions, such as forum posts.