.attr("value") does not work for meter elements
|Reported by:||aaron.grunthal@…||Owned by:|
After updating to jquery 1.6.1 (from 1.4.something) i noticed my html5-shim for meter elements was broken. It seems that $("meter").attr("value") returns undefined, despite the attribute node being present in the DOM while $("meter").attr("min") works just fine to get the minimum.
I assume this breaks because jquery tries to be "clever" in its handling of input elements. But this is not an input element.
jQ should probably check if the value property is actually present before it tries to redirect the attribute lookup to it.
Change History (7)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by rwaldron
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by rwaldron
- Component changed from unfiled to attributes
- Priority changed from undecided to low
comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by timmywil
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.6.2
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by timmywil
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from reopened to closed