Attach data objects directly to DOM elements
|Reported by:||dmethvin||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by ajpiano)
Switch to direct attach for those cases. This means we don't need to clean up data and events when elements are removed from the DOM, should be a perf boost.
This will require a change to global events since there will jQuery.cache will no longer contain all data for all objects and jQuery.event.trigger can't sneak a peek into the cache to trigger them.
Need a feature detect I can use to determine whether it's safe to attach data to a DOM object.
Change History (15)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by timmywil
- Component changed from unfiled to event
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.6
- Owner set to dmethvin
- Priority changed from undecided to high
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dmethvin
- Milestone changed from 1.6 to 1.7
- Priority changed from high to low
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by john
- Milestone changed from 1.7 to 1.next
- Owner dmethvin deleted
- Status changed from assigned to open
comment:15 Changed 5 years ago by dmethvin
- Milestone changed from 1.next to 1.7
- Priority changed from low to blocker