Bug Tracker

Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#8722 closed bug (worksforme)

jQuery 1.5.1 is placing target variable into the global namespace

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: anonymous
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.next
Component: global Version: 1.5.1
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

The jQuery 1.5.1 library is placing an internal variable called target into the global namespace. I tested jQuery 1.4.1 and the same issue cannot be found. If the target variable is changed this can interrupt the internal workings of jQuery.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by timmywil

Component: unfiledglobal
Owner: set to anonymous
Status: newpending

Thank you for submitting a bug report to the jQuery project! I checked all globals on a page with jQuery 1.5.2 and was unable to reproduce your issue. http://i.imgur.com/87DxC.png Please provide a test case on http://jsfiddle.net so that we can review the issue further.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by Dave Methvin

Resolution: fixed
Status: pendingclosed

(incorrectly closed this bug due to a transposition of the ticket number .. should have been #8272)

Last edited 8 years ago by dmethvin (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by dmethvin

Resolution: fixed
Status: closedreopened

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by dmethvin

Status: reopenedpending

Still need a test case for this.

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by addyosmani

Resolution: worksforme
Status: pendingclosed

As per timmywil, I too was unable to reproduce this after going through the globals in 1.5.2. Please feel free to re-open if you can provide a test case that reproduces the issue.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.