Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#868 closed bug (wontfix)

Opened January 23, 2007 10:10AM UTC

Closed March 24, 2007 03:49AM UTC

Last modified June 19, 2007 10:58AM UTC

Interface and jquery 1.1 don't work anymore at all with Konqueror

Reported by: Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 1.1.3
Component: effects Version: 1.1
Keywords: Konqueror slow Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Since you have updated libs, the scripts are painfully slow on Konqueror.

It's completely unusable at this point. Try it by yourself. The simple script on the front page of jquery isn't working anymore and the interface website doesn't work well until waiting long seconds.

It's sad because all these scripts were working before...

Attachments (0)
Change History (6)

Changed January 23, 2007 11:12AM UTC by joern comment:1

component: corefx

Is this a particular problem with Interface, or with jQuery's animations in general?

Changed February 02, 2007 06:03PM UTC by batiste@dosi comment:2

The simple example $("p.surprise").addClass("ohmy").show("slow"); on the front page is broken. And interface is slow as hell, it's so slow that is not possible to see anything.

I use the very last Konqueror 3.5.6. that is considered like a good CSS browser acording this paper :

(Yes I know that CSS has nothing to do with javascript :)

Changed February 05, 2007 04:07AM UTC by anonymous comment:3

that's seems like probmle with incorrect unpacking or so.

Works just great, when I using jquery and interface unpacked

Changed February 05, 2007 04:20PM UTC by anonymous comment:4

Yes I have profiled Konqueror with sysprof and 80% of the cpu is wasted in a PCRE function called _pcre_valid_utf8 or something that come from KJS::REGEXP::match function.

After that I have searched in the jquery and interface source code and I didn't found any relevant match calls, so I conclude that this performance issue come from the Dean Edwards packer. Maybe you don't have compressed correctly sources with performance optimisations.

The interface website is also wrong because the interface.js is included two times.

Changed February 13, 2007 01:31PM UTC by Batiste comment:5


I have done an investigation and I have found this :

Changed March 24, 2007 03:49AM UTC by john comment:6

resolution: → wontfix
status: newclosed

Ok, so the solution seems to be: Don't use the packed version of jQuery in this specific version of Konquerer. That'll have to do for now, considering that we currently don't support Konquerer.