Bug Tracker

Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#8270 closed bug (worksforme)

remove() and empty() do not clean up custom event bindings in IE6

Reported by: anonymous Owned by:
Priority: low Milestone: 1.5
Component: manipulation Version: 1.4.4
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

I tested using sIEve, and remove() and empty() do not seem to be cleaning up properly. I see a leak using sIEve.

Please see http://jsfiddle.net/S2vHS/1/.

However, if I call unbind() before removing the node, then the custom event bindings seem to be cleaned up correctly since I do not see a leak in sIEve.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by anonymous

I just tested with 1.5 release and the bug seems to be fixed in that release. So nevermind?

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Component: unfiledmanipulation
Priority: undecidedlow

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the jQuery project by writing a bug report and providing a test case!

After checking your report and test case I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to. Maybe I didn't handle this sIEve tool correctly, but it didn't show any leaks for me.

And when trying this test case it shows that the event is no longer present after the .remove() call.

Please report back if you can provide a better explanation of what you think is wrong also make sure to test with 1.5 and jQuery WIP.


How to report bugs

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Milestone: 1.next1.5
Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

Closing as requested by reporter.

comment:4 in reply to:  2 Changed 9 years ago by anonymous

Replying to jitter:

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to the jQuery project by writing a bug report and providing a test case!

After checking your report and test case I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to. Maybe I didn't handle this sIEve tool correctly, but it didn't show any leaks for me.

And when trying this test case it shows that the event is no longer present after the .remove() call.

Please report back if you can provide a better explanation of what you think is wrong also make sure to test with 1.5 and jQuery WIP.


How to report bugs

So as I said, this seems to be fixed with 1.5 but I'll explain how I tested for the records.

First you would have to create a local html file or on a web server where that test case is accessible. I created that jsFiddle entry but as it is, it's not useful. It should be a standalone page which you can load into sIEve.

When you load the page in sIEve, click on click, then you have to move off the page, either by visiting another page or about:blank, or refresh.

Then you will see the leak column on the right increase by 1.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.