jQuery resets Firefox toolbars when used in add-ons
|Reported by:||Propeng||Owned by:|
When jQuery is inserted inside an XUL overlay of chrome://browser/content/browser.xul, the main Firefox XUL window, all changes to the Firefox toolbars are not visible. Disabling jQuery shows these changes again.
Steps to reproduce:
- Make changes to a Firefox toolbar, such as changing the order of buttons.
- Install the attached sample add-on, which is a simple XUL browser.xul overlay with jQuery 1.5.
- Restart Firefox. Notice that the changes to the toolbars you made in step 1 are reset.
- Uninstall the sample add-on ("jQuery Test").
- Restart Firefox again. The changes are now visible.
Change History (3)
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by jitter
- Component changed from unfiled to support
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed