Skip to main content

Bug Tracker

Side navigation

#8126 closed bug (invalid)

Opened February 01, 2011 03:20PM UTC

Closed February 01, 2011 03:31PM UTC

italian special chars

Reported by: anonymous Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone:
Component: unfiled Version: 1.5
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Using FF 3.6.13, when we open a page of our appliaction, devoloped using jquery_1.5, the json-ajax response has a bad encoding of some italian special chars.

Example: char code of ì instead of 236 is 65533.

This happens only we open the page using the url that use Apache HTTP server 2.x.

If we open the page using the direct link that use the application server port, there is no problem!

Attachments (0)
Change History (1)

Changed February 01, 2011 03:31PM UTC by snover comment:1

resolution: → invalid
status: newclosed

Thanks for the report, but this is not a jQuery bug. jQuery does not know or care what charset your data is using. If the problem only occurs when using Apache, then the problem almost certainly lies with your web server configuration. Please use the jQuery Forum for support requests.