Bug Tracker

Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#7888 closed bug (worksforme)

.is(':visible') returns different values for different browsers

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: anonymous
Priority: undecided Milestone: 1.6
Component: unfiled Version: 1.4.4
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Hi,

I noticed that the method .is(':visible') returns a different value for some specific versions of browers. The error was reported by a user using my application, he's using FF 3.6.10, but I tested on it and don't get the problem ... so maybe there are different versions of 3.6.10 (depending to the country?)

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by addyosmani

Owner: set to anonymous
Status: newpending

Thanks for submitting a ticket to the jQuery Bug Tracker.

Could you please submit a reduced test case on jsFiddle.net that reproduces the issue your user is seeing?. Due to the variability of different solutions, having this would greatly assist in us chasing up the particular reported issue. Furthermore, would it be possible to find out what platform (Linux, OSX, Windows) your user was using when they incurred the bug?

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous

Status: pendingnew

Unfortunately, the user is not located at the same place as mine, I can't reproduce the issue. I can for now only give one additional detail: the user upgraded to Firefox 3.6.10 and still has this issue (.is(':visible') returning true for him). He then downloaded Chrome and on Chrome it returns false (normal behaviour). But anyway he is restricted to use Mozilla, so I must find a solution to his problem. I may come back with additional details (platform, etc.)

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous

Sorry I meant from 3.6.10 he upgraded to 3.6.13 (which is latest at the moment I write).

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by Rick Waldron

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

Tested with jQuery 0 GIT

http://jsfiddle.net/rwaldron/XhS6g/

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous

Of course it works for you and for me too. But for that specific client I can assure you it doesn't. Anyway, I can't provide code to reproduce the error. Instead of testing the visibility of the element with ":visible", I use a class "visible" and "hidden" and use hasClass instead.

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by ajpiano

We cannot do anything to solve a bug that happens only via hearsay and can't be reproduced. It would be awesome if we could, but we're just developers, not psychics :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.