trim is 8 times slower on 1.4.3 than 1.4.2 (Chrome 6+)
|Reported by:||erlichmen@…||Owned by:|
The trim function is 8 times slower on 1.4.3 then from 1.4.2.
Here is the test http://jsfiddle.net/SBmaP/
The test is pretty straightforward I wanted to see how fast is native trim against regex trim. The test will run a trim function in a loop and show two alert boxes one for the regex speed and one for the native speed. Under 1.4.3 I get ~1000 and ~500 milliseconds for the regex and the native respectively but in version 1.4.2 (http://jsfiddle.net/SBmaP/1/) the results are ~1000 and ~60 milliseconds which means that trim is about 8 times slower in 1.4.3.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by addyosmani
- Priority changed from undecided to low
- Status changed from new to open
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by rwaldron
- Component changed from unfiled to core
- Priority changed from low to high
comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by snover
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from open to closed