Bug Tracker

Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#7093 closed bug

Chrome and Opera outerWidth calculation problem on refresh

Reported by: muratcorlu Owned by:
Priority: low Milestone:
Component: dimensions Version: 1.4.2
Keywords: chrome, opera, outerWidth, refresh Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

We set a div's width by a different element's width using jQuery's outerWidth function. But when we refresh page on Google Chrome(6.0) and Opera(10.62), outerWidth function gives wrong value. This problem only occurs on refreshing pages manually, not click links or directly openning page. Here is a live example page: http://www.sahibinden.com/secure-e-trade/

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by snover

Milestone: 1.4.3
need: ReviewTest Case
Priority: undecidedlow

Please provide a reduced test case.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by snover

Status: newpending

This ticket has been marked as missing a test case. In an effort to reduce the number of outstanding tickets in the bug tracker, it will be closed automatically in 30 days. In order to prevent this from happening, please provide a working test case. If a test case has already been provided and our records are wrong, please respond to the ticket so that it can be fixed. Thank you!

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by trac-o-bot

Status: pendingclosed

Automatically closed due to 14 days of inactivity.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by misza

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the width not displayed correctly when manually refreshed the page.

Can anybody let me know how to add the testcase?:)

Cheers, Michal

comment:5 in reply to:  4 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Replying to misza:

Can anybody let me know how to add the testcase?:)

How to report bugs. Test case ideally on http://jsfiddle.net

Last edited 9 years ago by jitter (previous) (diff)

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by misza

Damn, I'm not sure how I missed the big red frame, answering my very question... :)

Thank you for your reply!

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by miszacus

I just managed to find a solution to the same problem as described in the description. The problem was related to the order of includes in the head section - first were the js files and then the css file. The solution is to simply put the css file before the js.

The problem occurred on Chrome 9.0, it was fine on Firefox 3.6 - both Ubuntu 10.10 (x64).

comment:8 in reply to:  7 ; Changed 9 years ago by anonymous

Replying to miszacus:

I just managed to find a solution to the same problem as described in the description. The problem was related to the order of includes in the head section - first were the js files and then the css file. The solution is to simply put the css file before the js.

The problem occurred on Chrome 9.0, it was fine on Firefox 3.6 - both Ubuntu 10.10 (x64).

Legend! That's hours of hair pulling out the window until this is fixed 'properly'. Thanks!

comment:10 in reply to:  8 Changed 8 years ago by Shelly Skeens

Replying to anonymous:

Replying to miszacus:

I just managed to find a solution to the same problem as described in the description. The problem was related to the order of includes in the head section - first were the js files and then the css file. The solution is to simply put the css file before the js.

The problem occurred on Chrome 9.0, it was fine on Firefox 3.6 - both Ubuntu 10.10 (x64).

Legend! That's hours of hair pulling out the window until this is fixed 'properly'. Thanks!

This fixed a similar issue I was having with border calculations in Chrome 12.0. Another thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.