Bug Tracker

Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#6899 closed bug (duplicate)

using .html() to change title causes errors in IE

Reported by: pendletongp Owned by:
Priority: low Milestone:
Component: manipulation Version: 1.4.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

I tried to use the html() method to automatically unescape a string containing html entities to change the title in my page as the content changes via ajax. I realize that search engine spiders do not see this... I am doing it for the benefit of the users of the page who request a new page be loaded via ajax.

Example code: $("title").html("Sweet title • with html escaped chars");

This produces an error on IE. I tested IE7 and 8 and both had an exception.

For now I am just using document.title = $("<div>"+str+"</div>").html(); to handle the unescaping but I figured I would report the bug.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by dmethvin

Resolution: duplicate
Status: newclosed

Dup of #5881; use document.title to set the title.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Component: coremanipulation
Milestone: 1.4.3
Priority: low
Resolution: duplicate
Status: closedreopened

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Resolution: duplicate
Status: reopenedclosed

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by jitter

Duplicate of #2755.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.