Bug Tracker

Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#6197 closed bug (invalid)

Ajax is not working in IE8 but working in firefox

Reported by: Ran Owned by:
Priority: undecided Milestone:
Component: ajax Version: 1.4.2
Keywords: IE Firefox browser error Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Version: 1.4.2 I am trying to fire an Ajax call and the code works in firefox but failed in IE8(I didn't try IE7 or previous version). I used all the possible method like $.get, $.ajax,jQuery.post,$.getJSON, but all the same. I traced into the js file and add an alert at line 5260. "alert(e)". It tells me that the XMLHttpRequest can not be send before open method. I debuged backward and found the open method been called in both browers. It's very strange for me. So I gave this temporary solution: add another open before send The code like this: try { xhr.open(type, s.url, s.async);

xhr.send( type === "POST"
type === "PUT" type === "DELETE" ? s.data : null );

} catch(e) { jQuery.handleError(s, xhr, null, e); Fire the complete handlers alert(e); complete(); } Hope there will be another good solution or someone can tell me why I am failed here?That would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments (2)

PropertySearch.html (25.3 KB) - added by buurd 9 years ago.
html with embedded javascript
getSearchableProperties (4.6 KB) - added by buurd 9 years ago.
JSON

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by john

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

If you have a more-complete test case I would definitely appreciate it - it's a bit hard to determine what may be going wrong with these details. Please re-open if you have a test case that we may view.

Changed 9 years ago by buurd

Attachment: PropertySearch.html added

html with embedded javascript

Changed 9 years ago by buurd

Attachment: getSearchableProperties added

JSON

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by buurd

Resolution: invalid
Status: closedreopened

I have the same problem. The call works in Firefox and Chrome but not in IE8. When trying to debug the problem, the only thing I manage to find out is that the callback doesn't occur.

Se function loadPropertiesFromSettings in order to modify the html-file to suite your setup.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by snover

Milestone: 1.4.3

Resetting milestone to future.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by snover

Priority: undecided
Resolution: invalid
Status: reopenedclosed

No valid testcase still.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by jquery@…

We had the same problem. It was caused by sarissa (0.9.9.3, used by Java Richfaces), which overrides window.XMLHttpRequest in IE8:

function(){if(!_SARISSA_XMLHTTP_PROGID){_SARISSA_XMLHTTP_PROGID=Sarissa.pickRecentProgID(["Msxml2.XMLHTTP.6.0","MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0","MSXML2.XMLHTTP","Microsoft.XMLHTTP"]);}
return new ActiveXObject(_SARISSA_XMLHTTP_PROGID);}

jQuery (1.4.2) then uses "jQuery.ajaxSettings.xhr = function() { return new window.XMLHttpRequest()};", which somehow causes the mentioned problems...

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by Rick Waldron

There is still no valid test case here.

With regard to the evidence of conflict with a library that is overwriting XMLHttpRequest, jQuery is not accountable for the behaviour of 3rd party scripts.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.