Bug Tracker

Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#5601 closed bug (invalid)

1.4a1 causing parserror using form.js

Reported by: charlietfl Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 1.4
Component: plugin Version: 1.4a1
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

tried 1.4a1 in an app have been working on for a month with 1.3.2

immediately got an error haven't had coming from malsup form.js

'parserror' on an ajax submit with json. Firebug and json lint both validate the json

revert back and forth between 1.3.2 and 1.4a1 and error is consistent only in 1.4a1

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by dmethvin

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

Please reopen with a test case.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by alec

Resolution: invalid
Status: closedreopened

The same regression in Roundcube Webmail. I have no testcase, but I've investigated it more. In httpData() json response is interpreted with:

data = (new Function("return " + data))();

while in 1.3.2 eval was used. Changing this to old:

data = window["eval"]("(" + data + ")");

fixes issue. If I add alert(data) before this line, I got example response wich causes "invalid label" error in Firefox. This is the alert message:

/** ajax response [08/Dec/2009 11:43:31 +0100] **/
{action:'getunread',unlock:0,exec:'this.set_unread_count(\'Spam\',123,0);\nthis.set_unread_count(\'&BCAEMARBBEEESwQ7BDoEOA-\',2,0);\n'}

Again, it works with 1.3.2.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by dmethvin

Actually, alec, that's good info. It looks to me like the json being passed is malformed. The property names aren't quoted and the strings are being quoted with single quotes. Neither is allowed in syntactically proper json.

http://json.org/

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by alec

In fact, you're right. Roundcube's fixed now. BTW I don't see any speed up in using the new "function" method in parsing JSON data.

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by john

Resolution: invalid
Status: reopenedclosed

@alec: It wasn't so much a speed-up as just not using eval anymore. Using eval causes problems with code compressors and is generally frowned upon. Glad to see that it's working for you now.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.