Bug Tracker

Opened 11 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#5560 closed bug (invalid)

.load fails to return anything even from www.google.com

Reported by: jiggz88 Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 1.4
Component: ajax Version: 1.3.2
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Had 2 sites setup using jquery, made sure their all working pristine and what not. Let them be for a few days and suddenly the jquery lib fails to properly execute the .load function any more even if pointed to well known good sites. I've tried 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 and both just seem to fail horroribly for no apparent reason. I've tested this across FF3.0/3.5, Chrome 4.0.223.16, and IE 8 with and without compat.

Attached is the addional JS we use to grab pages. We have tried hardcoding the .load with a good address to www.google.com and it still failed to do anything.

Attachments (1)

ajaxfuncs.js (864 bytes) - added by jiggz88 11 years ago.
additional JS file

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

Changed 11 years ago by jiggz88

Attachment: ajaxfuncs.js added

additional JS file

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by dmethvin

From your description it sounds like this is a run-of-the-mill programming bug and not a jQuery bug. If you can create a test case that demonstrates a problem with jQuery, reopen the ticket and attach it. I'd suggest discussing the problem in the jQuery groups first.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by dmethvin

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.